Backups of Sites

Home Forums All Other Themes Backups of Sites

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JulieJulie
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 48
    • Total: 80

I have been doing my backups through FTP but I recently went looking for where my textual content is stored and couldn’t find it in the downloads. When I do a backup I download the folder of a site, but I recently did a search for some of the text I have added and it was not found in the downloaded files. If this is the wrong place to post this let me know.
    Thanks,
    JulieO

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30649
    • Total: 30649

Hi Julie,

Textual content are stored in your WordPress website’s database, in order to take complete backup of a WordPress website you have to download database as well.

Regards,
    Brad

JulieJulie

Brad,
    I wasn’t quite sure what you meant so I just downloaded everything under my home file and I will do a search for some of the text when I get a chance. I am working on an eight year old G5 so I am pretty obsessive about backing up files and I take my external drives to the basement when there are weather alerts. All this time I thought that downloading the site folders was all that I needed, I am glad I discovered my mistake before something happened to my online database.
    Thanks,
    JulieO

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30649
    • Total: 30649

Hi,

Here is the complete instructions on WordPress Backups kindly check.

https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Regards,
    Brad

JulieJulie

Thank you so much Brad, I am trying to wade through the codex docs but there is a lot to digest there for some one that is new to this. It will help knowing which doc to access for that info.
    JulieO

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Backups of Sites’ is closed to new replies.