Adding 'target=blank' to homepage and navigation links?

Home Forums Photo World/Photo Session Support Adding 'target=blank' to homepage and navigation links?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Don WallerDon Waller
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 15
    • Total: 27

Is it possible to make the links in the Photo World navigation and front page slider open in new windows?

The new site I’m working on uses the slider (and a link in the navigation) to link to various events on different sites, and I’d like to be able to generate a new browser tab if I could. Thanks in advance.

<b>On Edit:</b> I was able tofix the navigation link via WordPress’ Advanced Menu options. If there’s a way to do that to the home page links, it would be perfect.

Don

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

Check functions.php line number 320 to 322.

Replace with the following code and save: if( $imgUrl != ” ){

echo ‘{image : \”.$imgUrl.’\’, title : \”.( ($imgTitle!=”) ? ‘<div class=”slide-title”><span>’ : ” ).( ($imgHref!=” && $imgTitle!=”) ? ‘<a href=”‘.$imgHref.'” target=”_blank”>’ : ”).$imgTitle.( ($imgHref!=” && $imgTitle!=”) ? ‘</a>’ : ”).( ($imgTitle!=”) ? ‘</span></div>’ : ” ).( ($imgDesc!=”) ? ‘<div class=”slide-description”><span>’.esc_html($imgDesc).'</span></div>’ : ” ).( ($imgHref != ”) ? ‘<div class=”slide-description”><span><a href=”‘.$imgHref.'” target=”_blank”>Read More &rsaquo;</a></span></div>’ : ”).’\’, thumb : \”.$imgUrl.’\’, url : \’\’}’.( ($i==15) ? “” : “,”).”\n”;

}

Don WallerDon Waller
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 15
    • Total: 27

Okay, I tried that and got this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘{‘ in /home/twisted/www/www/wp-content/themes/skt-photo-world-pro/functions.php on line 320

I reloaded functions.php from my local ‘clean’ copy and the error went away.

Here is code from line 320 to 322:

<?php

if ( (of_get_option('innerpageslider', true) != 'hide') || is_home() || is_front_page() ) {

for ($i=1;$i<16;$i++) {

Am I misplacing the new code? Should the <?php stay?

Thanks.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

That is totally wrong. On my Mac it appears Line number: 181.

Starting line search this: if( $imgUrl !=

This instance is only 1. Then replace this code: if( $imgUrl != ” ){

echo ‘{image : \”.$imgUrl.’\’, title : \'<div class=”slide-title”><span>’.( ($imgHref!=” && $imgTitle!=”) ? ‘<a href=”‘.$imgHref.'”>’ : ”).$imgTitle.( ($imgHref!=” && $imgTitle!=”) ? ‘</a>’ : ”).'</span></div><div class=”slide-description”><span>’.$imgDesc.'</span></div>’.( ($imgHref != ”) ? ‘<div class=”slide-description”><span><a href=”‘.$imgHref.'”>Read More &rsaquo;</a></span></div>’ : ”).’\’, thumb : \”.$imgUrl.’\’, url : \’\’},’.”\n”;

With the top code as given above.

Regards,

Shri

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.